Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's not you...

This past year has been one of the best, and hardest, of my life. Above all it has definitely been the year of rejection. From grad schools and jobs, to boys and friendships nothing I've had quite a few downhill moments.
And last night was no exception.
The thing about rejection is that it never hurts any less than it did the time before. It might be a different person or a different circumstance, but it still has that initial breath-catching sting followed by the empty pit in your stomach. Always.
I was up late last night awaiting rejection, being rejected, and then talking about rejected and finally came to the conclusion that rejection really is all about the rejecter. I guess I knew this all along but I really just needed it to smack me square in the face.
It's not that I wasn't good enough. I am good enough.
The rejecter has an issue, somewhere, that keeps me from fitting in but that is not my fault. Whether it's jobs or cheating boyfriends, this is a truth.
My goal for post-grad year two is remember that I am good enough.


4 comments:

  1. I feel like at this point in our lives, rejection is inevitable. My roommates and I have all experienced many forms of rejection, similar to yours. It's life, and it sucks but it makes us stronger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this post, I'm in my 3rd post grad year and it is really hard to deal with all of the rejection when you know that you've been groomed your whole life to think you will be a success. I will tell you that I think every time I've been rejected I've worked harder and really dug in my heels to get what I want. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. Rejection is never easy, but you have the right attitude. Good for you!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE AMAZING AND GOOD ENOUGH :)

    ReplyDelete