Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: 16-18

Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

I think my weight it something I have always struggled with in life. I've never been skinny. The best way to explain is to simply say I was always the Khloe Kardashian in my group of friends. My best friends have always been cute petite girls and I have always been the tall, thick girl. 

Loving yourself the way you are is something we all come to know in different ways. I think I have come to be so familiar with it as it is all I've ever know, at this point. 







Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why

I love this photo for vain and sentimental reasons. First, I like how tan I am...something that only happened during recruitment. Second, the three other women represented in the photo (pictured, and the new members we were wait on!) are all so dear to me. it was my senior bid day so I was dealing with a multitude of emotions. This truly was the beginning of an amazing year. 






Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.




I remember the day we got Savannah, my first dog. I was getting ready to start Kindergarten and my dad said we couldn't get a puppy until Mel and i were 10 and 11--which seemed like a lifetime away! Finally, we talked daddy into getting a puppy. His one condition--it had to be a big dog. His friend, who lived in Memphis, bred Golden Retrievers and just had a litter. In a few weeks, the puppies would be ready to go home. When the time came, my dad flew up to spend a few days in Tennessee before bringing home my angel. 

I remember my dad's navy Explorer turning the corner at our old house and seeing the sweetest little blonde puppy smiling as  her head hung out the window. Mama was instantly in tears and Mel and I ran to the truck to meet her. Being the big sister, I just had to be the first to hold her! That was, until Daddy said "Careful, she might need to pee." At which point, she was passed off to Melanie. 

We played and played and all our neighbors and family came to meet the new angel. I remember being so excited with this new toy. At the time, I didn't realize the amount of unconditional love that had entered my life on that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment