Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Left My Heart in Chicago (and Wisconsin!)

While I am definitely feeling the post-vacation blues, I am so excited to share some photos from my trip with you all! Ben and I had a blast during my FIRST Midwest Adventure (many more to come).


After we checked in at our hotel, we ventured down to Navy Pier and took the architecture tour down the river.While it was a rainy ride, it made for a fabulous way to see the city. 

That night, we also met up with Ben's fraternity brother for drinks downtown.



While we only spent two days in the city, I made sure to stop at Giordano's (Shutout to eHa for the reminder) for deep dish deliciousness. 
(Please excuse the windblown pony.) 


Then came Ben's favorite part...riding the train back to Wisconsin to see his family!


We stopped at Lambeau (home of the Packers) once we arrived in Green Bay.



But the most exciting part of the trip?
I SAW SNOW FOR THE FIRST TIME! 

Ben's House


My first snowball and more windblown hair! 

Unfortauntely, I didn't take too many pictures at the Packer's game, as my fingers basically froze off. Also, photos of me in bibs might be used for future blackmail.


While we are both missing our vacation, it is nice to be back in sunny Florida! 

Did you all ravel for Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear about it!




Today's Pickins:


4 comments:

  1. 1) I've always wanted to visit Chicago--it looks like such a fun, artsy, awesome city. Loved seeing your pics!
    2) I once dated a guy from WI, and he invited me to visit his family over fall break one year when we were in college. As a native of SC, I packed mostly jeans and long t-shirts and no sweatshirt. I quickly discovered that a Wisconsin October day is WAY different than a South Carolina October day! At least you were dressed for the weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was possible to wear six pairs of pants at once until this trip! I don't think a southern girl can really be prepared for midwest weather without experiencing it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the shout out! I'm glad you had such a fun time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank uo so much for your sharing this topics. I am very glad.
    "Chicago IT"

    ReplyDelete