Monday, September 17, 2012

Latest Lusts - 9/17


Here are a few of the things I am lusting after these days!



1.       Brown Leather Tory Burch riding boots are at the top of my lust list! I really need a new pair of brown boots going into the fall!
2.       My trip to Key West is so close!  I have been counting down the days until this getaway!
3.       A few more skinny belts, especially this tortoise one, would be a perfect addition to my fall wardrobe.
4.       Kind of a constant lust, but I have been drooling over the dainty monogram bracelets! I like them so much more than the “super statement” monograms you usually see.
5.       More leopard.  More more more!
6.       Essie’s  “Fishnet Stockings” makes for a sexy fall nail color. I’ve been going with more muted shades but it already feels like it is time to brighten up!
7.       The Orange and Blue Dixie Dress from Twelve Saturdays has me dreaming of cool fall nights spent at Ben Hill Griffin!
8.       The obligatory “I am never going to buy one but I really really want one” mention of the Kitchen Aid mixer.


On a personal note, something special about today:
“Few people of our generation know, but on this day in 1944 Operation Market Garden commenced in Holland. My Oma rode on top of an Allied tank to celebrate their liberation from the Nazi's.Unfortunately the daring plan to end WWII failed, and thousands of American and British paratroopers lost their lives. The ensuing months of revenge the Germans had on my Oma and the Dutch people should never be forgotten.



I think of/miss my Oma every day, especially when it comes to important “growing up” events.  She was always such an adventurous and courageous woman!

What are you currently lusting after?



Today’s Pickins:
1.     I am actually not a Michael Jackson fan, but this cover could make me one! 
2.     This glitter starfish mirror at the new Lilly Pulitzer store would be a fun DIY! 
3.     I actually won the “That’s why her hair’s so big…” sorority superlative last year. The thing is, I love having big hair!

5 comments:

  1. Loving those TB boots. If only I could convince someone to buy them for my birthday. That maxi is to die for! SO CUTE!! xoxo Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, a kitchenmaid mixer, i need one SO bad for all the fall baking i want to do! Also..you need that maxi dress for game day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the tory burch boots! I have been considering getting one as well :) And a monogram necklace! Ah- I LOVE your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want those TB boots SO badly! They've been on my wish list for at least a year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take one of them all, but especially the Tory Burch boots and that Maxi dress. LOVE that you picked it from Twelve Saturdays :)

    That Essie polish is gorgeous for Fall. I just bought their new wine red "recessionista" that looks similar. Obsessed.

    Love your lust list, girl!

    Ally
    The Gameday Belles

    ReplyDelete