Monday, October 15, 2012

When I was 17...





Not gunna lie, I knew I had to participate in this weeks "Show and Tell" post after reading the theme! It reminds me of the feature you would find in old Seventeen Magazines where they would interview someone famous about life at seventeen.

Basically, I am living out my teenage dream of being cool and being in one of those interviews. It's the little things...



1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends?

I drove a Navy Ford Escape! I only sold that car earlier this summer..we got through a lot of big life moments together! At Seventeen, I babysat and tutored all the kids in the neighborhood. Easy way to make big bucks. Well, when you're 17, $10 an hour is big bucks. I turned 17 Christmas of my junior year, so chances are I was with my first love on weekends, since we were still dating. Eventually during the year of 17, we broke up. I also spent most weekends at my soccer games/ tournaments or on college recruiting trips! 

2. Show us  pictures of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
we'll post a few good ones here...

The day I got my braces off!

Varsity Dance Team my junior year

Summer Day Trip to Kennedy Space Center with Sissy. Ignore the random bruises all over me #soccerproblems


Summer Adventure to Myrtle Beach


Senior Photo



This little gem is for all of my Wake readers! This boy was one of my closest friends in school and is now a cheerleader at Wake! It makes me laugh and I love switching over to Wake games here and there to try and spot him! 


3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."

I wanted to either work in the oil industry or become an accountant. I've always been a "math person" so I was really drawn to fields that involved lots of number crunching. My big plan was to go to The University of Texas-Austin and major in Engineering Route to Business on a scholarship and then work in Texas Oil forever. You know, like an episode of Dallas or something. 

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.

I was dating my first love for part of seventeen. Here's an obnoxious pic of us going into my freshman year of HS. Let the judging begin...


Then at the beginning of my senior year I was a cougar for the first time in my life and dated a guy that was a year younger than me. 



5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?

It hasn't been ten years but my life is nowhere near where I thought it would be at 17. I thought I would still be in school, living in Austin, getting married this March. So yeah, we're just a little bit off right now. 





6 comments:

  1. This is precious!!! I love all your old photos :) and those were some pretty specific ambitions for seventeen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so cute! What a great way to relive some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved looking at all your old pics!! Ohhh high school... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This feature is so much fun! Thanks for sharing all the old pics. They're making me nostalgic!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh -- brings back memories to think about being 17 again!

    ReplyDelete