Monday, November 12, 2012

Check Out LPF Mag Issue #2!


I was SO excited when Lauren posted the issue last night and I couldn't wait to share it all with you today!



As if the magenta and champagne colors on the cover didn't already make me squeal with delight, I found myself gratuitously reading each and every page.

As a design enthusiast, I am well aware that it is a rarity that someone actually reads full articles, which is why the layout, graphics, info graphics, headers, etc must all draw the reader into the text.

Luckily, this text is totally worth reading!


Here are some highlights from Issue #2 of LPF Mag!

{Farm to Table}

I am a huge enthusiast of farm to table movements, especially as an Ag girl! In fact, one of my little sisters from the sorority works at for a Farm to Table restaurant/company in Jax! Besides gorgeous photography, this article offers some easy, yet delicious, recipes to help you bring the farm to table movement into your home!


{DIY Gifts}

These suggestions are the perfect excuse to get your craft on--be it for a friend or for yourself! I love the idea of Red Zinger Vodka. Mind you, this post is being written while I am sipping on Red Zinger Tea...


{Soup Recipes}

As the cold weather has rolled in, I've come to realize nothing brightens up an evening like coming home to a warm bowl of soup! Saucy Jocey's Kitchen is always posting yummy recipes like these--make sure to check her out!


{Women in Business}

My heart was filled with so much joy then entire time I was reading this article--talk about a dream job! LPF interviewed Caroline Boyk, Assistant Print Designer at Lilly Pulitzer! Little Cotton is an artist, so I have always had an interest in illustration and the work that goes into print making. Now, mix that with my love of Lilly! Yes, this interview might be perfect!

Bonus: The link at the bottom of the page takes you Caroline's portfolio, where you can check out her work at Lilly! 



Lastly, here is my contribution to the magazine! 

{Personal Finance}

I was so excited when our contributors mentioned the need for a finance section for the mag that I literally jumped at the bit to write the articles! While finances can often seem overwhelming to the typical young adult (H and I had a conversation this weekend about the need for multiple lines of credit...), it is always important to make sure you live within your means and budget!  Make sure to check out my tips and look for the finance apps to make budgeting even easier!



Check out the rest of the issue here!







2 comments:

  1. I'm SO IN LOVE with the mag! Thanks for the soup recipe shout out :) Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thank you SO much for the feature & SO MUCH for contributing, i am SO happy with this issue!!

    ReplyDelete