Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Guest Blogger: Letters from a Mermaid {Favorite Things}

Hi friends! I am so excited to introduce you all to Rachael today! We definitely share a love for all things nautical, especially mermaids. I know you all will just love what she has in store.



Hey, ladies!
I am so excited to meet all of you today over at Cotton's beautiful little Southern blog!
While I am not a native Southerner (Ohio is my homeland), I like most people have some
South in my blood! 

I blog over at Letters from a Mermaid
Yes, you can tell from my name that I love all this nautical, especially mermaids, starfish, 
seahorses and pearls.  Today I cannot wait to share with ya'll a few of my favorite things!

1.  My Lilly P. Carded ID wristlet in Twill 
Honestly adorable. 
Fits my phone, credit cards, change, and even has a space for my lipgloss!



2. Coach Rollerball in Poppy
I preach about this little guy all the time, but it is such a delicacy!
Such a sweet scent and so easy to tote around. 
I believe every lady needs her favorite scent in a rollerball. 



3. My Cashmere Houndstooth Scarf
This is so very versatile. 
Looks fabulous with my peacoat, a LBD, as a shawl or just because. 
This was a recent investment for me and I don't regret it. 
I liked it better than Lilly P. Murfees!


4.  Another one of my latest investments: Ralph Lauren black leather monogrammed 
gloves with whipstiching. 

With lots of days in the brutal cold at a school on the lakeshore, this was the best thing I could
ever do for my tiny hands.  These will last a lifetime. I tend to lose 2 to 3 pairs of 
gloves a year...I may have to be extra careful now!



I invested in these a little over a year ago, and they are perfect for snow or pairing with a perfect outfit.


6. Succulents

I live in an apartment and am constantly coming and going. Plants tend to get neglected 
and I have killed many a "lucky bamboo." 
Succulents tend to last a week or even two without being watered. 
Not to mention they look adorable and are amazing in the low light of a bedroom or bathroom. 


I can't wait to meet you and learn some of your favorite things!
Stop over and say hello. 
Meeting other bloggers is my favorite part about blogging!
Cheers, 
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Super cute picks! Love the idea of carrying around a rollerball fragrance in my purse - I wonder if they make one for my Honey and the Moon perfume from Tokyo Milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need to invest in succulents! I love that they could go with almost any design style. That...and I kill plants.

    ReplyDelete